Key Takeaways from September 9 Tourism Discussion
The Chattanooga Tourism Discussions are held the 2nd Thursday of each month.
Upcoming sessions: Oct. 14, Nov. 11, & Dec. 9. Register here.
2020 Tourism Economic Impacts and 2021 YTD State of Tourism
- The State of Tennessee Department of Tourist Development's Adam Mansell, Statistical Research Specialist, shared research insights from 2020 and the first half of 2021. Highlights of the research include:
- July 2021 nationally tourism spending was down 6%, TN was up 8%.
- Hamilton County has been up over 2019 since April 2021 with July 2021 being the strongest month on record for tourism. YTD Sales and Use tax collections have been up 11.4% in Hamilton County over 2019.
- Growth in local revenues over 2019 have been led by 22% growth in hotel/lodging, Amusements up 16% and Eating and Drinking up 9%.
- Watch the Sept. 9 Tourism Discussion and view the Tennessee Department of Tourism Development’s research deck online.
CHATTANOOGA TOURISM CO. KEY DATES
Sept. 16, 7 pm Destination Chattanooga: MLK Food Tour with Chatt Taste
Oct. 14, 11 am Chattanooga Tourism Discussion
Oct. 16, 10 am Destination Chattanooga: Downtown Walking Tour
Nov. 11, 11 am Chattanooga Tourism Discussion
Dec. 9, 11 am Chattanooga Tourism Discussion
CHATTANOOGA TOURISM CO. KEY EVENTS
Sept. 26: Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga/Chattanooga Riverfront (Spectators welcome!)
Oct. 15-17: Chattanooga Motorcar Festival/West Village & Downtown Chattanooga (Tickets required)
Oct. 1-2: Outboard Drag Boat Association 2021 ODBA World Championships/Chester Frost Park (Spectators welcome!)
Sept. 16-19: S.H.E. Trucking Expo (Some events open to the public)